Saturday, June 29, 2013

Big Bang BOOM

Well after two days of really trying I finally did it. It took going to a store and buying a new polish but I did it. I thought I was going to have to buy two but alas I had a saving grace. I was trying to do a Patriotic manicure with my nails and being that I do not do great polish on my right, boy oh boy, did this get fun. I will say this all started at noon on Thursday. I had a great image in my head and some great polish. I said yea let's do FIREWORKS. Red, white, and blue. This should NOT be hard even in my condition. I could never be more wrong. The first polish job wasn't bad but it didn't just POP. Then I said ya know I am a Padiwan let me use the Force and paint the left using my good four fingers. HA HA HA! 3 hours later and lots of tears I had to Surrender all. That was so not going to work. I now have one finger about to lose a nail below the quick and another that did lose the nail below the quick *yeow!*. Okay so back to the right fingers. I took off my ring finger mani and my index and got to thinking more. I pulled out even more polish and attempted something different. Well ring finger finally looked good but index was still atrocious! So at about midnight I called truce. It stayed naked over night. After a night of dark horses, 7 am rolled around and I had a BRILLIANT idea (mind you my left hand is not my dominant hand!) let's do the flag on that finger! So off to work I went again. We cannot discuss what occurred or what was said at that point as I think Darth Vader would have turned red! I realized what was going wrong. The red was all wrong and my white was too low. I set a task to trot off and find both new colors later in the morning. I was going to be Sir Galahad and save the day for my nails. But alas the mail came before I left. Influenster picked me for their #SunVoxbox and in it was a GORGEOUS red by SinfulShine Colors. It is an all free box that is sent for me to review (which I will do so in another post) Alas my fair maiden had arrived. But I was short for a white. So off to town I went. I found Essie's Marshmallow and prayed this would be it! I came home and got to work. At 5:30 yesterday afternoon, I *finally* decided on my index finger. Would you know the final result does not have the Essie in it? But I will say that the Essie Marshmallow is a fantastic white! Okay so here we go this is the nails du jour.. All are Orly Bonder for Base Coat and Dazzle Top Coat. Pinkie has Color Club Bright Nights Topped with Lynderella's Ice the Snowcake, Ring Finger is China Glaze White on White Topped with Lynderella's When the Moon was a Star and Ice the Snowcake, Middle Finger is China Glaze Red Pearl Topped with Lynderella's Ice the Snowcake, Index Finger is SinfulShine Colors Devious Topped with Lynderella's When the Moon was a Star and Ice the Snowcake. And here ya have it my boomer for Fourth of July:


And here is the bottle of SinfulShine Colors that I received that I found out is available at Walgreens. Can we say trip to Walgreens in the Milennium Falcon coming up soon?


2 comments: