Wednesday, July 24, 2013

When Daleks Attack!


I was stuck on ideas for a manicure. So I asked if anyone had any ideas. A dear friend suggested Dr. who theme. I asked her to elaborate and she said Daleks and TARDIS. That is where this manicure came from. I started off with a simple approach of Dazzle base coat, let it dry and then got down to business. On the pinky nail I put Matte n.a Oscar, on the ring finger and middle finger I used the femme fatale's Edge of the Cosmos, on the index finger I use Color Club Bright Night. I let this dry for a good 15 to 20 min. Then I proceeded to do the detail on the pinky finger. I found a dotter size and put three dots in the center my finger when the China Glaze Black Diamonds. I took the brush and edged the tip of my finger at the bottom of the Dalek. I streaked the first dot slightly out to make the top of the Dalek. On the index, I placed two white <Essie Marshmallow> squares and let it dry about 3 min. then I edged it in China Glaze Black Diamonds. I went over the edge with Color Club Bright Night to even out the lines and let it all dry. I waited up about 45 min. Last but not least, I used my matte topcoat to finish it off. This is the final product. <My Dalek is updated from black and white>

1 comment: