Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Accidental Art

Okay so rounding off Autism Awareness, I wasn't sure what I should do next for my nails. My mini-obi had sent me bunches of nail polish that I just had to venture and try. I was chatting with my Obiwan about what I should try next and she said how about dots. I said dots?? No way I can't do dots. That is way too technical. Well she pointed me to some videos to watch. If you are like me, then you have the attention span of a dust bunny. Oh look SQUIRREL! What were we talking about? Oh yes, dots. Okay so the videos were too chipper and didn't hold interest. She said just get a paintbrush use the opposite end and try it. See what happens. Well after numerous attempts, I have to say I am quite proud of myself and my OCD. It isn't perfect but it is cute. Looks like miniature flowers on my hands :) Now I have to give you the how to on how I did this. Easy steps.. Use a q-tip cut the fuzzy off grab a paintbrush (for wide dots) and your polish. Put your normal color (whatever you want) on and let it dry. I used a matte (Fairytale) for the beginning. Then comes the fun. Pick a couple (or one) color(s) you want to dot on. Dip your q-tip or opposite end paintbrush into the polish and dab off excessive otherwise it does run (learned this after the twentieth time) away. Do this color on any nails you want and then repeat with a different or more color if you so desire. I suggest using a different q-tip or brush for each color so you don't mix it. And voila your art is masterfully done. Now you might ask yourself why did I blog this as accidental. I was aiming for a simple dotting but wound up with a flower pattern. It is amazing how accidents happen when we have fun! I used Color Club Almost Famous (the yellow) Color Club Wham Pow (orange towards cuticle) Color Club Warhol (pink in center) Enjoy until next time :) Again, I apologize for the poor quality on picture still using built-in webcam

2 comments: