Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mishmash Polishing

Sorry I haven't posted. Had some upset in the household with my health and my 3 yr old dog is very ill. I am going to show you a couple things I have accomplished in the last 24 hrs out of boredom. I am also going to include my son's polish choice. He is 12 and he is all boy but he loves his polish. So as I am on my journey with my Obi and Jedi (mini-Obi earned her saber ;) ), my son is also learning. He is also learning that he is bucking trend as it is not "normal" for a boy to like polish. I will refer to his as my Apprentice. So on Monday I found an awesomely gorgeous polish from Color Candy (CC) called Twiggy. It is a Lime Green. I fell in love. I know what love at first sight is now :) Last night my son wanted polish done. I said well go pick (picking for an ASD child can be overwhelming especially when the polish covers the dresser top). He comes back with four. I said okay which one. He goes um NONE. I said okay try again. So he comes back with 2 black. So he got one hand in one shade of black and the other in another shade of black (yes black comes in multiple shades). Here is his photos now.

He doesn't sit still well but he doesn't mind that mom isn't the perfect painter.

After he was finished I realized I had one of my nail brushes nearby and I really liked his black nail paint... But I still really enjoyed Twiggy (lime green). I thought hey how about a streak down each nail. This was created by orly bonder, CC twiggy, Maybelline Essence, and Rimmell T/C.
Yep I landed with cat eye's. Go figure! I decided to go ahead and do the other hand as well.

Now we move on to today Wed the 24th of April. I talked to my Jedi and I needed some distraction due my baby still very ill and not home. I said okay I got all the polish out and I got all my brushes. Is this a dangerous combo? She laughed and said uh oh. Well I would break it all down for you but to do that would take a whole different post. Let me just say if you are bored and got polish. HAVE FUN. Try something be brave. The worst that can happen you grab the polish remover and start over. So this is now my left hand. I don't have a good photo of my thumb but it has crackle on it. If you have never done crackle, it is a MUST TRY! So fun. Put your favorite polish on let it dry real good. And pick a different color crackle/shatter to cover doesn't have to be thick. It does break up as it dries. You can cover it with a topcoat if you want to make it shinier. But anywho here is my Mishmash of the left hand of fun :) Remember polish is like art.. Your nails are a clean slate. Just keep the oil on them Put a coat of base and then play! :)



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the blacks !! I'm Italian so any kind of green on me is a big no no, but I do like the color.. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes if ya mix greens with other colors you will be amazed Jenn. Being Irish, I honestly though green would be a no-no and make me look like a Leprechaun. LOL Thank ya on the blacks. I got to go do a new job on his nails. Another hour to decide on his color!

      Delete
  2. Awesome manicures, and I love the blacks!! XD

    ReplyDelete