Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tape Marble

Well thinking is fun. When it comes to polishing, thinking can bring all sorts of things to mind! Last week, I talked about water marbling. One thing that can be a problem with water marbling is the MESS. Huge huge mess. Another thing is time and polish. It takes a lot of polish and a humongous amount of time. Well my lack of attention popped in and I said hmm how can we make this easier. Now I didn't want to be bothered going online to search or youtube it (though I am fairly certain this idea is out there somewhere). I started fiddling. What I do best is think and fiddle. I spent all week going through my polish and try to find pretty ones that might work for this idea brewing in my brain. Well today it finally popped together. I got out my WnW Megalast I need a Refresh-Mint and put that on (over my bonder base) let it dry super good. Then I pulled out my trust Color Clubs (remember these are my favorite polishes!). I grabbed Wham Pow, Twiggy, and Poptastic. At the same time I grabbed my scotch tape, scissors and my lip balm. Now you are probably thinking what in the world am I up to?! I used the lip balm to coat my fingers around the nail not touching the nail (easier clean up this way). Then I made sure I had some nail size pieces of tape which I cut down a bit with scissors and placed them off to the side for easy access. Then the fun began! I placed a drop of each CC I picked out in no particular order making sure not to over do any color. I covered the nail gently with the tape and lifted. I got a marble pattern without water or needle! Yaya less than 5 minutes and perfection. So I continued to do this on each nail. And I am going to put up two pictures. One is before cleaning (inside), and one is after cleaning (outside). I am putting an outside picture this time so you can see how pretty it looks. An easy simple marble for your nails without the hassle. I am looking for ideas on what you would like to see. Remember this is a beginner's blog so I would like to help you out on your nail journey as I learn my way in the nail world!

before cleaning

after cleaning 

4 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting new technique. I will definitely have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like easy and this definitely falls into it. Not to mention quick! Less than an hour sign me up :D

      Delete