Thursday, May 16, 2013

First rule of Polish Club

I have been trying to figure out what to do next. So many options!!! Plus Doctor Who has sent us on a Wibbly Wobbly conundrum with Finale in two days. Well here is what I decided. Water marbling!! Yep, you heard me. I ventured into water marbling. Now I have two pictures with different color patterns to show you ideas of all the niftiness you can do with this. *NOTE* If you are afraid if getting messy this is NOT for you. You will make a mess it will look awful at first but do not fret it looks beautiful when done. Just do not go into it with pre-conceived notions. Have fun! Remember that is the first rule of nail shine :) For this (and remember I am distracted easy so no video endurance required) you will need a bowl or room water, some toothpicks, some fun polishes (I like china glaze for this as this don't dry fast), petroleum jelly or tape. First thing first - tape around your nails making sure not get your nails in the process. Now if you are like me, I am allergic to tape, use the jelly instead, and do not get the nail or the polish will not stick to it. Make sure you coat all the fingers well around the nail and under the nail too plus other side of fingers. Put your base coat on (I use Orly Bonder). Then you put your bottom coat down. For the black and white pattern shown here I used a white bottom which is CG White on White. (as you can tell I didn't finish cleaning yet)


In the bowl of water I put a few drops of the White on White (CG) mixing with Liquid Leather (CG) until I felt it was enough. I took the toothpick and created a design in the water (polish should be sitting on top as it is stronger consistency than water). Then I dunked my finger in letting it sit for a couple of minutes. I blew on the water to help dry the polish. When I felt it was finished I used the toothpick to clean up any excessive polish out of the water twisting the polish around the toothpick. I then repeated this process one by one for each nail. *NOTE you will use a ton of polish and again you will create a disastrous mess.* When you are finished with all the nails, all them to dry thoroughly. I let it sit for a good 30-45 minutes before I did anything else. After drying you can cover with your top coat (I use Seche Vite) and let it dry thoroughly. Then clean up begins. If you use tape, you just gently peel it off of each finger (another reason I hate tape) using a q-tip or make-up brush to get any areas missed. If you used jelly, you can wash your hands with soap and water and get the polish on the jelly off. Any excess polish is easily removable with a q-tip or small make-up brush and polish remover.

This pattern was made using more than 2 polishes. I used CG White on White as my bottom Coat. In the water each nail I changed intensity as I was trying to make it look like a storm coming in with lightning. I used CG Argo (the green color that is lightly in it), CG White on White, CG Deviantly Daring, and CG Immortal (grey color).

Above all, Remember the first rule of Polishing: HAVE FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! :D I am so bad at marbling XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not the best but I have learned not to expect the best and just have fun ;)

      Delete