Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beginner's Tale


This is a beginner's tale.. A beginning into an unknown world. Never was I the girl that worried about my make-up or nails. Heck, my hair gets minimal attention. Until the day I met the person I now call my Obiwan. She introduced me into a world beyond my norm. And now I am hooked. I know how fish feel when I taunt them with that worm!! A month ago, I asked her sage advice because I wanted to just try nail polish. She gave me a few brands to look for. Well it so happened they were on sale and I had coupons (I am a coupon junkie!). So I picked up some Sally Hansen (called SH in the nail world) X-treme Magenta, X-treme purple,  and a double pack that had Insta-dry blue and a topcoat (though I didn't know that is what this was yet) clear polish. I got home super excited and told her all about it. I ventured off to try to it. I tried Purple first as this was my FAVORITE color! I loved it. I left it for a week and decided I had to try the Magenta. I put it on and WOW! So pretty. I figured I would save the blue for April as it was Autism Awareness month. Well I left it for awhile then I realized my nails were uneven. ME??? Worried about different nail lengths??? What was happening to me? So I asked again for her sage wisdom. And she explained about a good manicure set. Off I set to get one. Watching one of my typical action movies for 2 hours I took off the polish and sat there leveling out my nails and making them pretty and even. I said they look so nice I don't need polish. I will just let it breathe. By the night, I asked her what is wrong with me. I felt like my nails were naked! I had to get polish on fast. She just laughed. I put my Magenta back on as it is Spring and it is so bright and pretty. I realized it looked so plain though! I wanted to add something but didn't know how. So that is the beginning of my journey. I now have some nail decals being shipped to add to my April design (yep me again!) and I am so excited. Talk about jumping off the deep end without knowing how to swim. It will definitely be a lesson in the making. Today, I received a package of OPI Euro mini collection from a new dear friend that is also taking me under her wing. And after much consideration, I decided to layer two of them. Now back to my studies to learn about basecoat, topcoat, cuticle oil and all that jazz! I hope you continue with me on this journey into the unknown :) The under color for this picture is Suzi's Hungary AGAIN (2 coats) and OY-Another Polish Joke (thin layer coat)


3 comments:

  1. Yay and congratulations on your new blog!!! :D Also, that polish combination is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I couldn't decide on which to use so I went with both LOL

      Delete
  2. ^_^ Welcome to the nail world...have a magical journey!

    ReplyDelete